Saturday, June 26, 2004

Garage Makeover - The Water Heater Curtain


Everything is started from this curtain panel. The original goal is to buy something to cover the ugly water heater. The size of the opening is 39 by 79, the regular window cover such as blinds or rollers can't fit in here and the custom-sized blind would be a over-kill for this situation.

How about hanging curtain panel here? Doesn't it involve sewing? No, I'm a dummy when it comes to sewing, my sewing machine went to early retirement since it hadn't been touched in the past four years. We found these curtain panels at IKEA for $30, I only need one panel while it is sold in pairs. But the best thing about it is that it doesn't need sewing. The iron-on tape is provided to fix the border after I cut the length to size. We bought the simplest rod at Home Depot, hanging it is piece of cake.

But what can I do with rest of fabric? Only 1/3 of fabric is used, the rest will not be wasted, I promised QH.

No comments: